Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I love my little Derek!!!!

Happy Birthday to Derek or to MOM??? Seriously he just wanted to potty train himself. Saturday he just told me that he wanted to go potty in the toilet. I thought that he would just sit there and play with the toilet paper and the flusher. Nope he was ready and he did it. His birthday was his first day in underwear and he did really good. We went to the movie and he even told me he needed to go during the movie and then really went. Lets just pray that it sticks!!!!
We went to the movie with a group of friends! Derek liked waiting to go to the Movie better than the actual movie!
My little boy is two! Happy Birthday Derek!!! We had a family party for Derek and Uncle Kevin who share the same birthday!! Happy Birthday Kevin!!
I really love this little kid so much!!! He always makes me laugh and everyone around him. He is just what I need sometimes to keep a smile on my face. He is such a good kid, really an angle!! He loves to watch Barney and play with his J.J. and Hailey. When we are driving in the car and we see a bus, Derek will sing, "The wheels on J.J.'s bus go round and round". If you ask him if he wants something he will say, "yes my do". He loves to talk to people on the phone. He is so sweet and I love him much!! I just wish he would not grow up so fast!!

8 comments:

emilyrice said...

Rebekah that is awsome. sweet for you. I hope he dose not sit on the Toilet like that in the public rest rooms.

Stephers said...

Yea Derek! That is amazing, especially for a boy! Can you believe our little tiny babies are now 2/nearly 2? Crazy!

Merr said...

What a cutie! I can't believe he is using the potty at 2! Boys usually take forever with that. Wait to go Derek!

Janene said...

That's awesome Bekah! I always fear potty training because of how it went with Carson. That's amazing that he gets it so early! Yes, happy birthday to both of you!

Jen Frost said...

Happy Birthday Derek. Any congrats on potty training...that is such a big step, especially for a 2 yr. old little boy. ;-)

Jeanette said...

Congrats on the potty training. That is awesome. What a sweet boy! Happy birthday, Derek!!!

sbagley said...

Happy Birthday Derek. I remember when you were born. It's crazy how fast time flies. How are you and Ashlynn gonna get married if our families live this far aprt. We miss you guys!!!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Derek is amazing! We can't believe he potty trained so quickly. You deserve a break Bekah with everything you've got going your way.