Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Happenings


A few of my friends and I did a triathlon in Showlow last weekend. It was seriously one of the most fun things I have done in a long time....A much needed break from all the stress. I found that a "little girl time" can be the best thing for a stressed out mom. Thanks girls, you did great.

I bought a bag of clementines at Costco and my kids ate the whole bag in three days. They like them and everything but they were gone as soon as the kids realized they didn't need help to peel them. Even Derek could peel one on his own. It was hilarious!

Jayden got his contacts!!!! I was really excited for him. He loves them too. He has been so easy to deal with, he just opens his eyes and I can take them in an out. He does way better than Judd and I did when we went to the training. (We had to learn on each other first so we could do it to our kids since neither of us have ever had contacts) Hailey wasn't able to get her contacts yet. Her prescription is just to thick and her eyes are so small still that the angle is too sharp. The Doctor has tried two brands so far but they haven't worked. He is trying one more lens so cross your fingers for us.

My sister Emily, me, and Britney (my sister-in-law), on our date night. We went to Famous Dave's. The food was really good, although we all felt like we were stuffed in a crowded cafeteria. Afterwards we weren't ready to go home yet so we went Shopping, we really just wanted a quiet place to talk longer. Anyone have any good spots they go to "hang out"?

5 comments:

Colton and Ashley said...

Jayden looks so different with contacts! Wow! I haven't seen him like this for awhile. Good for him for being EASY! I don't think I could do that!

Jessica said...

Saturday night I left Craig with all the kids and went to the Target parking lot and called my family and wandered around Target talking to them on my cell phone. I talked to them for an hour and a half and I didn't have any interuptions. It was great and kind of pathetic!!

Laura said...

Bekah- tell the gals hello from me. You three look adorable. Also, Jayden was hiding a whole lot of handsomeness behind those glasses, wasn't he? What a doll. I can't wait for Paulie to be able to go back to contacts. Not that I don't love her in glasses, but every mother wants to see her child's face, every inch of it. Miss you.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Date nights with you guys is always lots of fun! I love living close to you even though you think it is far :)

Janene said...

Way to go Bekah, doing a triathlon! That's Awesome!