Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm Going to Detriot

I have an appointment with Dr. Trese. I am so nervous that my legs get weak when I think about going to Detroit by myself and all the decisions I might have to make. I am awful with directions and I get to the airport at 8PM with a 40min drive to the Hospital housing that I am staying at. I have thought about getting a shuttle to take me so I don't have to worry about getting lost late at night. Me, in a big city, driving who know where.....SCARY. I am also terrified of making the wrong decision regarding Hailey's eyes. If the Doctor says that he would like to try a surgery, I will likely have to decide right then. She already has those surgery dates set up on the 19th and the 23rd of Sept. just in case. The receptionist said that is how Dr. Trese does it with out-of-state patients. If Hailey does need surgery I will be in Detroit until Oct. 8th, giving her eyes a chance to heal and giving the Doc a chance to make sure things go well. I am so exhausted and am day dreaming of more care free days, if there is such a thing.


Today Hailey had a screening for special needs placement in the Gilbert Schools preschool program. Of Course she got in but it was very emotional for me to see all the accommodations available to the visually impaired. I have very mixed feelings. I was very grateful that they had such amazing accommodations and at the same time upset that we even had to talk about her needing them.

It's days like today and many of my days lately that I miss my mom. My kids get their blue eyes from her. This is an old picture at Jayden's 4th birthday so about a year and a half ago.

9 comments:

kara jayne said...

Oh Bekah I wish I could go with you to help you out. You are brave and you will be blessed.

Stephers said...

Bekah I really miss you. You and Hailey are in our prayers. And I actually think you are a very decisive person. You had me talked into selling pest control... just not Kory :-) I love ya and think of you often... don't forget to make Jayden's kindergarten special... can you believe our kids are this old?!?

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Bekah you know I love you and hopefully all will go well in Detroit. You are such a strong person and I don't know how you are able to go through so much and still be so upbeat, fun, and effective in all you do. You are seriously amazing, and I am so glad I live by you now so that I can get to hang out with you all the time. Hailey is a tough little girl and I think you are already inspired on the decisions you have been making regarding her eyes. We are always praying for you! Oh and cute picture of mom & derek.

Angie said...

Hey Bekah! I wish you the best of luck and know that you have been in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure Heavenly Father will be watching out for you and helping you in those tough decisions! Love you!

Jen Frost said...

Bekah- Your family is in our prayers. I know you will make the right decision what ever it is. You are a strong person and you will be able to handle all this.

Jill and Paul said...

wish i could be there to help you out and talk about anything but what youre going through to get your mind on something else. call me for anything. love you

Colton and Ashley said...

Looks like I can go to Detroit with you....get me deets so I can figure it out. My AZ job got postponed until October 1st. YAY! Anyhow, call me if you still want me to go.

SarahAnne said...

Hey, Bekah. Your mom handed out your blog addy to everyone at Adam's house. OK, to Jared and I overheard.

I'm so sorry for aall of the challenges with Hailey. I would love to support you any way I could but my thoughts and prayers will have to suffice right now. And I'll send some (((HUGS))). You have a beautiful family! Keep us posted!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, so much on your plate Bekah. Just take it one day at a time and take comfort in the fact that you are not alone. So many prayers will be offered in yours and Haliley's behalf... you have an army behind you- not to mention the watchful eye of our Heavenly Father. I love you... best of luck with all of it.