Thursday, July 31, 2008

Frustrated, Hopeful, Scared and Disapointed!!!! What a Rollercoaster!!

Yesterday my brother called and said that the Doctors from the Mayo want to operate on Hailey. They want to try to cut or thin the inner front of the eye to make room for her growing Retina so it wont fold anymore. If it works it could prevent future retinal folds and help her vision to stay the same. It would not do anything for the fold that is already there...just to be clear. Now I just got another call from the doctors in Tucson saying they want to see Hailey and Jayden back early next week to do more tests. Here we go again.....

As much as I love seeing my cute kids in their glasses I was really excited for them to get their contacts. I am really disappointed! I just got the call that they are not going to be able to make their contacts. Their was only one company that will even make contacts in the powers that they need and the Doctor said that their eyes are just to small, that with that kind of curve and kind of power it just wont work.
When Hailey was trying the contacts on and we found that they didn't fit the Doctor had her read the eye chart. She was seeing quite a bit better just having the prescription on her eye. I was really excited about that, and now she can't get the contacts. This really stinks!
Derek plays dress-up by putting on glasses! He wants to be just like his older brother and sister.

8 comments:

kara jayne said...

Oh man that really stinks about the contacts.

I'm sorry you will have to go through another round of tests and possible surgery, but hopefully it will all pay off in the end.

Let me know how I can help!

Stephers said...

I'm so glad you have this blog! Your kids are so cute... we have been praying for the doctors, so hopefully this strategy will work. We think about you tons! Amanda is leaving this Saturday, now I am all alone....

Jill and Paul said...

geeze--i kept checking your blog to see if anything were new since your bangs post and then all of a sudden theres like 4 new things! well looks like youve been busy. your kids are so cute and look at all the fun youre having with your family! im sorry about all the doctors and tests and disapointments and fear. you are one of the strongest people ive ever know. it would be so much easier if it were you going through all of this, but when its your kids, its so much harder. just remember we're all praying for you guys. and those outfits were really cute! love ya

Laura said...

I feel your frustration. Keep your chin up!

Colton and Ashley said...

Uggggh! I know this is a big pain! As bad as it stinks I really believe things will work themselves out. We are still praying for you guys! Hang in there! I'll let you know if I can go with you asap. Loves!

Peterson Family said...

Good luck in Tucson with the upcoming Dr. appointments. I am crossing my fingers for your sweet little one's. Sorry to hear about the contacts not working out, that stinks.

FYI I called and made an appointment with Dr. O'Neil. I am anxious to see what he says about Wes' eye's... I am praying that we don't have to patch (wishful thinking, I am sure). Call me if you didn't get my message back with Lynette's number for my bro-in-law in Michigan.

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Thanks for having us to your back to school pool party! Yummy burgers and the best company. lOve ya! Cute posts btw.

Colton and Ashley said...

Hey I went private so send me your email and I'll confirm you as a reader...ashleyflake20@yahoo.com