Thursday, April 16, 2009

MOM Get it Right!!!

Today, as usual, I was in a hurry to get my kids off to school. So I got both sets of their contacts out to put them in their eyes. Somehow, (this has never happened before) I put one of Jayden's contacts in Hailey's eyes. She was telling me, "Mom I can't see", over and over. I just thought she was trying to complain so I went on to put Jayden's contacts in. That is when I realized what I had done because one of Jayden's contacts was missing. So I asked Hailey which eye she could not see out of and fixed her problem. Then I put Jayden's contacts in. Then he starts complaining that he can't see. I thought he was messing with me but I was wondering if I hadn't got it right with Hailey. Finally, he convinces me to check his eyes. I had put both of his contacts in the same eye. Luckily it was nothing damaging. I was wondering if I was loosing it. Shhhhh, Don't tell the eye doctor that I did that. I will be more careful from now on.

10 comments:

The Smith's said...

I dont know how you keep up with that everyday. I have a hard time with baths and brushing teeth. I would hate to have one more thing to add to the list of things to do.

Stephers said...

I get my own contacts mixed up sometimes, I don't know how you do it with two kids! Keep up the good work!

Jeanette said...

If you think you're losing it, wait until you hear my story. I once put both of my own contacts into the same eye. Obviously, I noticed it right away. It was funny, but a little scary, too. I do so much in life on "autopilot" that I tend to not realize a lot of what I'm doing until I mess it up. Good to know I'm not the only one, though! :)

Jen Frost said...

Dr.'s won't hear it from me. ;-) Your doing a great job and I love your kids! Happy Birthday Hailey!!

Janene said...

That's hilarious! I can't imagine trying to put contacts in kids eyes! I have a hard enough time with my own...

Jessica said...

Boy am I glad that I am the only one that has contacts in my family. But still saying that, I have put the left contact in the right eye and the right contact in the left eye. OH WELL!!! Here is to having four kids

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Yeah, Bekah get you children's eyeballs straight! I bet you are jealous of me that I've been hanging out with Stephanie all weekend :)

emilyrice said...

How could you do that to your kids! o no I forgot to brush my kids teeth got to go.........

Peterson Family said...

Hey there! We are going 'private' so I am letting you know just in case. Our email address is: alissa.peterson@gmail.com if you would like to email me yours vs. posting on our blog.

See you soon! :)

tiffers said...

Hey Bekah, How are you doing? I know this is a random way to ask a question but I am not sure if I have your right address. I wanted to send you a christmas card. Will you call me and email me or text me or something if you get this. Cute family pic I love it. Love Tiffany Smith