Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hailey's Update....

Here's a quick update on Hailey.....

She ended up having her surgery on friday. When the Doctor did his exam he found that she had significant retnal detachments... more than what we saw on the previous exam, so he wanted to go ahead and do the surgery instead of opting to do just the drops.
During the surgery he made scleral windows. The sclera is the white part of the eye, and he took part of it out to make room allowing the fluid to drain. She's doing very well. She had a follow up check today that went well, and has another check up on Tuesday. If everything looks good we get to come home! She then we will have to come back in four weeks for a post op check up to make sure things are moving along as planned.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words! We are so grateful to have such wonderful friends and family supporting us through this.


12 comments:

lesueur family said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. Sounds like you are in good hands. Hailey is such a trooper. My prayers are with you... Love, Melissa

kara jayne said...

I'm so grateful that all is going so well. I was thinking about you all week and anxious to hear. We love you guys!

Amber said...

So happy to hear that things went well! We will keep her in our prayers!

Lena said...

ummmm....I am dying here for another update! I am trying really hard to not call Judd (because I am sure that there are at least a hundred other people calling him to find out how Friday went...) Maybe I will call Lyndi in the morning--I hope it all went well (though, I did hear that Hailey had a hard time after the surgery...hopefully not more than a few tears!

Katie said...

Bekah and Hailey -

We are so happy that things went well!! We want you home!!

I kept asking everyone if they had heard anything!! I some so happy you have a blog!!!

Jessica said...

I am so glad everything went so well. I hope things keep improving!!

Angie said...

Dearest Bekah,

Glad things are going well & hope they continue to go well. We are thinking about you constantly & you are in our prayers. Love to you!

Stephers said...

Hopefully you guys are home by now. It seems like the surgery went alright, so hopefully everything drains well and things can shift to where they need to be. We love ya!

sbagley said...

Sweet Hailey has been through so much I'm dying for her and for mom! You're in my prayers, both of you. I'm loving all of the updates!

Love ya, steph

Jen Frost said...

Yea! What good news. Our thoughts are prayers are with you. We sure do love you guys!

Laura said...

Thank Heavens! I'm so glad to hear the good news. We love you guys!

adfortries.com said...

Bekah, you sure are being put through the refiners fire aren't you? I'm glad to hear things are looking up and hope to hear from you soon! LOVE YOU GUYS:)