Friday, September 12, 2008

Thanks so much!!!

Kara reminded me that I needed to explain the picture. My kids made the cake and Jayden thought is was hilarious to make me an old lady. He was laughing his head off. He likes to playfully tease, thanks to Judd. Hopefully that's all it will always be. In the picture: Jaren, Britney and Me and our kids. :)

Okay, so I feel kind of stupid blogging my birthday but it was so great I want to tell everyone thanks. I was really not looking forward to my birthday this year and for those of you who know me very well, that is not normal. I was dreading September and my birthday meat that it was hear. Anyway, so many people made an effort to make it a special day and it was one of my best birthdays that I can remember. In the morning I went out to send Jayden off to school and my sister Emily was waiting outside with a gift and hug. That just started the day off really well. Then Lyndi, my sister-in-law, took me to lunch. All through the day I was getting calls and visitors wishing me a Happy Birthday! Then later that night Jaren and Britney came over for pizza (my favorite). We had so much fun laughing and telling stories. It was just what I needed! The whole day was so great!! Then the following week a bunch of my friends took me to lunch. I love you all so much and I feel all of your support and love. Thanks to all who took time to spoil me this year. All the celebrating and distractions was just what I needed to pass the time until I leave. And don't worry Dad I won't expect this next year!

9 comments:

kara jayne said...

I'm glad to see you 82nd birthday went so well. (see the picture of your cake)

We all love you and you deserve it!!

Stephers said...

Happy Belated Birthday! We sure miss you!

Amber said...

Oh, I wish we could have taken you out for your b-day! Happy late Birthday! I am so glad that it was great, you deserve it. We would all love to see you at Christmas time! Hey you need to come up for the Halloween party!!! Yes we are doing it again, Oct, 24th. Come up for it :)
Love ya, Amber

Janene said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy BeKaH!!! I hope you had a fun day! You are such an amazing person and a great friend! I'm so grateful to have you as a friend. You are such a great example to me. That's great that you got to celebrate with so many friends and family! You should expect it next year! And especially the year after, you old fogie! :)

Ina said...

I totaly caught the comment to your dad and it made me laugh. thanks for the comment on me blog and good luck tomorrow. We will be praying for you. Love ya, Ina

Colton and Ashley said...

82 wow you are an old lady! Man you have aged well...you're very beautiful! Don't dread this month....think of it as a happy time because a cure might be found for Hailey! Hooray! Focus on the positive sis! Good luck and keep me posted on EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill and Paul said...

well i feel like a punk!! why didnt i have your bday on my calendar? i totally spaced it! sorry. thats not like me to forget a friends bday! anyway, sounds like it was a good one. hope youre all doing great, its been awhile since we've talked. so happy bday, lets talk soon! love you

Merr said...

Just so you know, I always think about you on your birthday. All those years of celebrating with you, I guess it hasn't left my mind.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday!! I remembered it was your birthday the day after and I finally got around to reading you blog. I am crazy busy with four kids.