Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday's Exam!!!

Today was really good. I feel totally confident in the doctor out here. He wants to take Hailey into the OR on Friday and do an Exam on her. He wants to do a Florscine Angiogram and a OCT. He says that she may have fluid between her sclra and her Retina causing the Retina to Detach. If the Retina is only detached where we see the fold then he would like to try giving her eye drops to decrese the fluid and pressure in her eye before he trys surgery. If, on Friday he sees more detachments during her Exam he will go ahead and do the surgery then. Then he said we will have to see if any permenent damage was caused by the evusion (the medical term he used). Katie's parents are taking care of us out here. Really, I love them already. What a blessing they have been. They are totally fun and easy to be around and they really are taking care of me like I was their own. Great People. I'll do another update on Friday. Thanks to all. Seriously, thank you everyone for taking care of me. Best case senero: We can relieve the fluid and the Retina will lay back down and Hailey will see beter. Worst case: He finds it is really a true Retina Fold and then I don't know what. He is 90% sure it is the first. He was just unsure if the Retina would be fine or not.

10 comments:

sbagley said...

Oh Bekah;
I pray that the first scenario is the one! I've thought nonstop about you and Hailey since we talked last week. You're in my prayers. Keep us posted. Love ya!

Steph Bagley

Stephers said...

We are always thinking of you! Good luck and God Bless. Love, Steph (Boyd)

SarahAnne said...

Wow. I, too, hope it's the first. Many PPT (prayers and positive thoughts) coming your way, for Hailey and you. I'm glad you have such great people to help you and be there for you while you are away from home. Thanks for keeping us updated. (((HUGS)))

Colton and Ashley said...

Well let's hope it's the first scenario...Good luck and keep us all updated. We are praying for you guys! We hope you are doing okay! I'm glad you have good friends there to help you through this!

kara jayne said...

I was SO HAPPY to see an update today. Sounds like there is a lot of hope. I will continue to pray for you guys. I'm so glad Katie's parents are being so great to you. I had a sneaky feeling they would be WONDERFUL!! Love you

kara jayne said...

Hey, maybe it's a good sign, but the little word verification that I had to type in on my last comment was alldheal...I'm translating that to all healed!!

Rachel Lundgreen said...

We have been thinking about you both ALL DAY!! I am so glad you posted about the appointment.... It sounds very encouraging!!

We will pray really hard this week for the 1st scenario!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Cheri said...

OK... the previous post was from me!!!

Although Rachel and Katie share my sentiments!!! :)

Erika said...

Hoping and praying for the best! Glad all is going well so far. I'm sure Katie's parents are wonderful. What a blessing!

KatieGirl said...

I'm SOOO thankful things went well at the check-up and surgery and that you found a great dr. to see Hailey! As always, you are in our hearts and prayers.